The Ethnic Origins of Beauty (Les origines de la beauté) is a non-profit, artistic, documentary and research project about the ethnic diversity of mankind, presented through the beauty of women of all ethnic groups of the world.
The objective of this project is to show the real scale of ethnocultural diversity in a full, systematic and creative way; to illustrate each and every distinctive ethnicity, however small it is, and whatever its official status.
It is the ethnicities put on the base of the project, rather than states, to show the picture of human diversity vividly, which we do not see when focusing only at racial or national typologies that are characteristic for the most international competitions or other events. Limiting only by civil affiliation, 90% of existing peoples stay invisible, because they are not presented as independent countries.
To reach the hearts of the wider international and multicultural public, the language of beauty has been chosen.
Every single ethnic group in the project will be presented by three young and bright girls (three photo-portraits and three video interviews) with an informational note on each ethnic group represented.
The candidates of girls-representatives are chosen by the following criteria:
- 18-35 years old
- belonging to one ethnic group for at least three generations
- natural beauty face
- awareness of personal ethnic origins, knowledge of culture and traditions of your people
- EDUCATION - give a full and clear picture of the existing ethnicities, besides ethnological, give the opportunity to fill up the geographical, cultural, social and other knowledge, to allow people to expand common outlook, to go beyond the stereotypes.
- PEACE - to contribute to the harmonization and strengthening of tolerance in inter-ethnic relations through searching for beauty in every people, through equal attention to every ethnicity, respect for the particularities of each other, encouraging intercultural dialogue.
- HERITAGE - to contribute to the heritage of mankind by creating a universal multimedia and interactive collection of ethnic diversity of humanity at the beginning of the 21st century.
In addition to publications on the Internet are planned broadcast on television, exhibitions, publication of books, DVD and others.
The project “The Ethnic Origins of Beauty” received the acknowledgment of UNESCO and was first officially presented at an exhibition devoted to international women’s day in March 2014, at its Parisian headquarters
The project started in 2012, but it is only in the initial stage of its realisation, and constantly in need of assistance. We welcome any form of support, cooperation and partnership.
To date, we have been able to shoot around 90 photos and videos of portraits of representatives of more than 50 ethnic groups from 15 countries, 4 continents.
© Les origines de la beaute
All rights reserved
The reposting of the information and photos of the web-site is allowed only with the notion of the project name, the name of the author and reference to the website or the official Facebook page of the project.
SUPPORT THE PROJECT "THE ETHNIC ORIGINS OF BEAUTY" !!!
MAKE A DONATION :
CONTACTS for the participation and support of the project:
The Association for support to the project "The Ethnic Origins of Beauty"
65, rue de Rennes
Paris 75006, France
Facebook: Les origines de la beaute
YouTube: Les origines de la beaute
Flickr: Les origines de la beaute